Great Horkesley Residents' Association
We are actively seeking new members of the Residents' Association to cover as much of the village as we can and to increase our volunteer workforce to keep Great Horkesley Great!!!
You may have seen our most recent work on the village gates in Coach Road. We are now putting together our schedule for volunteer work for the next year to include:
- Cleaning and repair of bus shelters;
- Cleaning of signs;
- Village gate repairs;
- Work to St Johns Church and much, much more......
Another project we are heavily focused upon is to support and represent everyone that has made comments on the Colchester Local Plan and the effect of the proposed housing increase between 2017-2033.
Please visit our website to learn of past project successes and more info on who we are and what we do http://www.essexinfo.net/ghra/
Our constitution aims are:
- To inform the community of plans and activities that are likely to be of interest or concern;
- Represent and voice the general interests, concerns and aspirations of the community;
- Work with the Parish Council to identify and prioritise the wants and needs;
- Encourage efficiency and effectiveness in local services, facilities and administration;
- Encourage members to provide the Parish Council with knowledge, skills, and resources to enable projects to be successful;
- To make representations to Colchester Borough and Essex County Council in support of the Parish Council’s concerns where it has limited powers to act;
- To provide an oil buying service to obtain oil for residents at the best price available. (This service, whilst operated by the Residents’ Association, is available to all residents of Great Horkesley).
If you would like to join please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org